Friday 8 January 2016

Review: Learning to Live

Learning to Live Learning to Live by Kira Adams
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

If you loved The Fault in Our Stars, it's a pretty good bet that you'll love Learning to Live. It has a similar feel to it - beautiful and inspiring and heartbreaking all at the same time. Warning: have a box of tissues on hand when reading this book, because you'll need it.
At first I thought it was going to be a pretty standard story, where the shy, unpopular girl catches the eye of the dickhead jock and changes him. But it didn't take long for me to realise that Learning to Live is so much more than that. I really don't want to say too much because, major spoilers! But let's just say that this is one of those books that could change your life. I would urge every teen girl who's lacking in self-confidence to read this book, and to learn from it. Sure, there are elements that are a little bit cliched, but it's the message that you need to take from it, not the literal image.
Adams has tackled a huge and difficult issue here, and she's done it with grace. Her writing is bold and her characters even more so. I can't wait to see what else she gives us in this new series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment